KENT COASTAL TEACHING SCHOOL
Kent Coastal Teaching School is based at Herne Infant School
We were designated in 2015 and are delighted to work closely with the National College, Kent County Council and KMTSN(Kent and Medway Teaching School Network)
We provide highly effective, relevant, affordable and accessible training and professional development opportunities for all staff (teaching and non-teaching) within schools across the area.
Our vision is to achieve school improvement through working collaboratively and to provide highly effective, relevant, affordable and accessible training and professional development opportunities for all staff (teaching and non-teaching) within schools across the area.
Our aims are:
- To attract, recruit and train high calibre new entrants to the profession.
- To provide targeted and bespoke training and professional development.
- To further develop leadership within and across schools
- To provide school to school support to help raise outcomes of young people
The type of training and support we can provide includes:
- NPQML and NPQSL
- Governor Training
- Handwriting Success
- School Reviews
- Internships for aspiring Middle and Senior Leaders
- Bespoke CPD
We deliver our programmes and work closely with 2 other Teaching Schools Canterbury Primary School and Dane Court Grammar School which is a highly effective network across East Kent under the name of East Kent Learning Alliance EKLA.
Please click on the link to see our offer www.ekla.org.uk